Scrimmage day! I was originally going to wake up later and just try and make the last hour of scrimmage. Being my first one back, I really had no intentions of being able to finish the entire scrimmage, so figured an hour would be fine. But I felt awesome and finished out the first two periods like a champ. I decided to stop there and leave the rest for later. I was happy with that I accomplished in those first two periods. I fell, a lot, right on my knee and had no pain at all. I didn’t jam as much as I wanted to get my feet wet so to speak, but I really felt great. Lots I need to regain, but it’s just good to be back. I know it will all come back quickly, so I’m not worried. I’m glad for no limitations (besides the limits I set). Course my knee was angry, but nothing a little Aleve and ice didn’t fix.
Also, I think I’m going to give an MMA studio a go. They offer a lot for what I feel is a very reasonable monthly cost (if I get on it now, it’ll go up next month). One-on-one training, plus body comp, plus a lot of weight lifting/cardio classes, plus sparring and grappling (which I miss a lot). So, I’m going to test them out this week, and see how I feel about it! I’m excited!
- Trail mix
- Pita Chips
- Turkey sandwich w/ avocado and pickle relish on white (they got my sandwich wrong, but was too hungry to care)
- Mixed green salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- Ice tea w/ lemon
- Small cup of vegan five spice ice cream (soy & coconut cream)
- Grilled veggie burrito bowl w/ black beans, salsa and lettuce
- 1.5 hrs of derby scrimmage
- LOTS of walking around broadway
- Various cardio