Oi, what a day. Not was I not completely better but I had some issues with parents of my volleyball kids. They had some complaints that I was inappropriate at the game on Saturday. I’m not sure who heard what, but I can say for sure that I would never tell any kid “to pull your head out of your ass”. That’s not me, that’s not who I am to any kids. I just have a feeling that across the board, they were all angry about losing all of the matches (but not the games). I’m sorry we lost, doesn’t make me feel any better. I told them that winning is nice, but you’re not always going to win in life. I just wanted them to play the best they could at the best level possible. At times they did, but not all the time. They have issues with consistency and teamwork. I can only do so much as a coach before they have to become self aware of their own ability or inability to push for that win. I can inspire it, but I can’t do it for them.
Volleyball parents are almost as frustrating as soccer parents. They just don’t get it and want their kids to be perfect forever and win at everything. Sorry they can’t all get gold stars, but they won’t get only gold stars in life either, you should be teaching them that, not me. 😦
- Yogurt with protein powder and fruit/nut granola
- Soy Joy
- Turkey sandwich on whole wheat with spinach, cucumber and laughing cow cheese
- Multigrain pita chips w/ hummus
- Sauteed veggies (bok choy, red pepper, onion and spinach) over wild rice w/ dried kale and an egg. Turned out WAY better than I expected!
- Volleyball practice:
- 30sec of the following: Speed skaters, Quarterback squats, front/front, back/back, side/center/side jumps.
- Not much else, still feeling crappy, but figured I’d do a few things with my kids so I wasn’t such a slacker.