It was bout day which is always a toughy for food. But I’m happy that I never feel like I need to make a run to Wendy’s. It was a bit of a stressful day as well, so it was a bit of a gap between breakfast and dinner. But, it still wasn’t half bad.
Also, I had my 6 month knee inspection with Dr Vidal. Cause she’s amazing and said she’d look at my knee at the bout as my insurance no longer covers her care (major sad). And she did just that and gave me the thumbs up for derby. She was happy with the end point, happy with the progress I was making and said to keep doing what I’m doing and I should be A-okay. My knee was a LITTLE swollen, but that’s because I pushed it a little more than usual at yoga today, that much I know. She just said to ice it and keep it happy for a couple days. Which I will do..am doing.
But I will be bouting in June, come hell or high water. She also said I realistically won’t need a brace. So that puts the brace opinion at 2 out of 3 drs for no. My chiro, PT and Ortho. I’m pretty happy with that number. Both Vidal and Boreman believe the reason I can’t completely bend back is due to scar tissue, but I know it’s getting better, just gotta be vigilant.
- Veggie scramble with veggies, red potatoes, feta and toast
- 2 glasses blood orange black tea
- 1 glass melon berry sencha (yummmy! I love Wynstone!)
- Luna bar
- Granola bar
- Hamburger steak with mushrooms and 2 eggs
- Bite of stawberry shake (I look at it as my celebration for the good news on my knee)
- Bites of hashbrowns
- 1hr 15 min yoga, crazy intense today, lots of hand stands (which I’m not the best at) and back bends (which I’m awesome at)
- Various cardio, does walking around a whole bout count?? It was hot in there!!